Cockle Train Tours and Activities
This iconic railway line is the oldest steel railed railway in the country. It was constructed in 1887 to serve as a passageway between River Murray and Victor Harbor. During its earliest days, passengers would load into the horse-drawn train after collecting cockleshells from the river’s shore.
Visitors can take their own journey on this historic line every day from the Goolwa Depot. The train stops at Port Elliot, near the Encounter Bay Coast, where travelers can explore the local museum. When the train departs Port Elliot, travelers are privy to some of the most picturesque coastal scenery along the Fleurieu Peninsula.
Tours and Activities to Experience Cockle Train
No results found.How about something else?See all Adelaide tours
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Northern Territory
- Things to do in Western Australia
- Things to do in South Island