Top Activities on the Ground in Amsterdam
121 results | All Amsterdam Tours
* A traveler said: "Sean was an amazing guide. He’s extremely knowledgeable but made the entire tour fun and relaxing. Highly recommend this tour for anybody interested in the history and anecdotes of Amsterdam"
* A traveler said: "Tour was great. Mathias was a great guide for taking us around the city. Very informative and learnt a lot about the culture and history of Amsterdam and how it has become what it is today. Would defiantly recommend."
* A traveler said: "My husband and I really enjoyed our bike trip with Sevv across the Netherlands countryside! Beautiful sights and delicious cheese. We are not expert bikers by any means and we found it very doable."
* A traveler said: "Arthur was our guide. He was passionate and knowledgeable about the subject. He was engaging with our group. The point of this tour was education and we felt the emotional impact. We went with our two adult children. Thank you."
* A traveler said: "Sebastian was awesome!! Really nice guy and super knowledgeable about the city. He really took the time to show us Amsterdam in a personal and informative way. It's the smaller detailed things you learn with a knowledgeable guide that makes all the difference in the world. I've been to Amsterdam before but he had me see it in a brand new light and helped my wife really appreciate the city for her first visit. Can't say enough about what a great tour it was. Defiantly ask for Sebastian if you do one of these private bike tours."
* A traveler said: "Very nice tour. A lot of details that you would not observe without a tour and just the bike ride alone is worth it."
* A traveler said: "Der Kapitän und das Service team nett und freundlich. Das Tour war schön und inreressant. ... I was an hour late and could still do the tour. Thanks very much. الرحلة كانت جميلة وقصيرة.. الموضوع كان أغلبه تاريخ ... عن القوارب والملاحة ويحكي عن مباني ومتاحف تاريخية عدينا بجانبها.. رحلة سريعة وحلوة فيك تشرب شي ب ٥ يورو."
* A traveler said: "Martin was our guide and to say the least, he was very good at his job. He knows EVERYTHING about sex and drugs and was eager to share. He had a good sense of humor and his jokes were good. We learned alot about the politics, health care, benefits, and exactly how the free drugs and legal sex works. Very fascinating."
* A traveler said: "Beatrice was our guide. It was a little rainy, and she overcame it with a great tour! Just enough information, visual aides, answering our questions before we asked. Very mature and responsible young woman. Cheerful and great English!"
* A traveler said: "Very flexible tour guide accommodated to our needs. Good listener and knew answers of everything we asked"
* A traveler said: "We were a small group and the lady guide lovely! We had a lot of fun, really liked the bitter balls and the experience overall. Like walking around with a group of friends"
* A traveler said: "Our guide Willem was great. He has lived in the area for many years. We did a 2 hour walking tour and learned a lot about the history of the area. We had the choice of how much time to spend in red light district vs historical area. We opted for more history … a little of the red light district was enough for us. But Willem tailors the trip to your preference."
* A traveler said: "Angelo was a great guide. He gave us so much information and the museums would not have been worth it without knowing the history and stories of the art. You can tell Angelo loves what he does and I highly recommend this tour and him as a guide!"
* A traveler said: "Arum, was a great guide...lots of local knowledge about the town, history and culture...and obviously knew all the great local food spots...felt like a “local” during the tour!"
* A traveler said: "Our tour was really fun. The time flew by! The food was a great offering and all was tasty. The BEST part though was the history lesson, the stories, and our guide so full of character."
* A traveler said: "This tour is a MUST if you are planning on visiting the Red Light District area. Our guide Tony was very knowledgeable, entertaining and well informed. He seemed really passionate about the RLD area. The Red Light District is the oldest part of Amsterdam, so there is so much to learn about it. Really interesting!!"
* A traveler said: "Danny gave us a great 4-hour tour of Amsterdam. We're able to see all of the major sites and get a great history and perspective of how Amsterdam has developed over many many years. We especially appreciated having prepaid tickets and going on a houseboat,that was a unique experience. Great job, thank you."
* A traveler said: "So worth doing. We are a family of four and were the only ones on the tour with Ilaria. She was a great guide and explained the background and context of paintings and artists that was memorable and really brought the paintings alive."
* A traveler said: "Laura was a very friendly guide. A lot of interesting informations. Good organisation. We enjoyed it ………"
* A traveler said: "Mark, our guide, was so fun (and funny), and boy did he know his stuff! He gave us the history that makes Amsterdam unique as well as the events that are currently shaping the city. There were six people on our tour (his limit is 10!) so you can see and hear in a relaxed evenly paced tour. We thoroughly enjoyed our three hours!!"
* A traveler said: "My tour guide was excellent and we enjoyed the conversations, references and her own personal stories. She educated me so much and I got to know art from a different perspective"
* A traveler said: "This was a great way to see Amsterdam despite the cold and rain - we were equipped with heavy duty rainwear which was very beneficial. The guide was very knowledgeable and helpful."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Fun & Games
- Motor Sports
- Nature and Wildlife
- On the Ground
- Bike Rentals
- Motorcycle Tours
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Obstacle Courses
- Outback Tours
- Pedicab Tours
- Running Tours
- Scavenger Hunts
- Shooting Ranges
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Leiden Square (Leidseplein)
- Torture Museum
- Dapper Market (Dappermarkt)
- Emperor's Canal (Keizersgracht)
- National Holocaust Memorial (Hollandsche Schouwburg)
- Moco Museum
- NEMO Science Museum
- De Gooyer Windmill
- Allard Pierson Museum
- Stedelijk Museum
- Diamond Museum Amsterdam
- Red Light Secrets (Museum of Prostitution)
- Body Worlds Amsterdam
- This is Holland
- New Church (Nieuwe Kerk)
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Flanders
Day Trips from Amsterdam
- Amsterdam to Keukenhof Gardens
- Amsterdam to Brussels
- Amsterdam to Antwerp
- Amsterdam to Rotterdam
- Amsterdam to Bruges
- Amsterdam to The Hague
- Amsterdam to Zaanse Schans
- Amsterdam to Zaandam
- Amsterdam to Ghent
- Amsterdam to Eindhoven
- Amsterdam to Hoorn
- Amsterdam to Alkmaar
- Amsterdam to Leeuwarden
- Amsterdam to Arnhem