Cairns Esplanade Lagoon
Despite its location on the Queensland coast, Cairns doesn’t have any beaches within the city (the closest are just to the north). But you can still enjoy the sun and sand downtown at the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon. This 50,000-square-foot lagoon is the highlight of the Cairns Esplanade and the perfect place to relax, swim and sunbathe without worrying about the box jellyfish and saltwater crocodiles that sometimes makes appearances in the near-shore waters.
With a maximum depth of only five feet, it’s a safe and welcoming spot for kids, visitors and locals alike, complete with fountains, sunshades, sandy beaches and nearby lawns and tables that are perfect for a midday picnic overlooking Trinity Harbour. The myriad shops and restaurants of the Esplanade surround the lagoon, so it’s easy to enjoy an hour or two by the water amid a day of shopping and sightseeing in the city.
Tours and tickets to Experience Cairns Esplanade Lagoon
What are Cairns Esplanade Lagoon hours of operation?
Should I book Cairns Esplanade Lagoon tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Cairns Esplanade Lagoon 2021?
What's the best way to experience Cairns Esplanade Lagoon?
- Cairns History Walking Tour
- Cairns Self-Guided Audio Tour
- Half-Day Walking Progressive Degustation Tour in Cairns
- Cairns City Tour
Things to do near Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
- Romantic Things to Do in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 2 Days in Cairns
- Things to Do in Cairns This Summer
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 3 Days in Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns This Winter