Mamu Tropical Skywalk Tours and Activities
With 2.5km of forest walkways, a cantilevered viewing platform and a 37-meter high observation tower, the Mamu Tropical Skywalk is for many visitors the highlight of the Wooroonooran National Park. Built in 2006, the easily accessible attraction offers the chance to discover the rainforest from the ground up, following the information boards through the dense jungle and listening to audio commentary on the elevated walkway.
As well as enjoying dramatic views over the North Johnstone River gorge from the observation tower, visitors have the chance to get up close to the park’s wildlife. This is one of few remaining rainforests in the world growing on basalt soils and its unique ecosystem is home to an abundance of forest dragons, cassowary, birds and butterflies, as well as rare animals like musky rat-kangaroos and white-tailed rats, and a huge variety of wildflowers and trees.
Tours and Activities to Experience Mamu Tropical Skywalk
No results found.How about something else?See all Cairns & the Tropical North tours
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
- Romantic Things to Do in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 2 Days in Cairns
- Things to Do in Cairns This Summer
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 3 Days in Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns This Winter