Top Hobart Layover Tours
Saved to wishlist!
9 results | All Hobart Tours
Enjoy five of the top activities in Hobart in one day on this tour designed for those who are short on time in the city and don't want to miss its best experiences. Attractions include Salamanca Market (on Saturdays), Mount Wellington, city highlights, the historical nearby town of Richmond, and the option to visit either Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary or the MONA (Museum of Old and New Art).
See Tasmania's most wild and wonderful attractions on this 5-day tour that loops around the island, from the waterfall-studded rain forests and sand dunes of the West Coast to the alpine lakes and parks of the East Coast. Trek through the Tarkine Rainforest, explore Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, see Tasmanian devils and swim in the Bay of Fires. Other optional activities include a Gordon River Cruise and viewing of the famous little penguin parade. This budget-friendly tour includes overnight accommodation in a hostel dormitory and all transport.
Learn about Battery Point from a friendly and knowledgeable guide Explore the streets, homes and buildings throughout the beautiful suburb Learn about the whalers, sealers and governors
Book a 1- or 2-day pass on a Hobart hop-on hop-off bus tour for an easy way to explore the city's top attractions at your own pace. Travel by double-decker red bus to 20 stops around the city, where you can hop off whenever you wish to visit the places that interest you. Or opt to stay onboard the bus for the full loop.
Enjoy Hobart from the water on Derwent River cruise. Choose your preferred time of day for your cruise, including lunch and dinner options, and then glide through the city to admire the harbor and waterfront attractions such as the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, the Tasman Bridge, Government House, Montagu Bay, and Rose Bay.
Explore Hobart from the water on a kayak tour with an experienced guide. You have three options to choose from when booking: a 2.5-hour tour from central Hobart, a 7-hour tour past cliffs, caves and beaches or a 10-hour Tasman Peninsula tour. You’ll either admire Hobart’s bustling waterfront along the River Derwent, or take in the scenic wilderness outside the city on one of the full-day adventures. Learn paddling techniques from your guide, who also provides narration about the city and surrounding region.
Discover some of Tasmania's best craft beverages as you embark on a tour of several venues. Alongside a small group visit wineries, cideries, distilleries, and breweries in the Huon and Coal River valleys. Guests enjoy tastings at each location and learn a bit about what makes each drink so special. There's also the option to purchase lunch at one stop, so you can fuel up for more drinks.
Explore the top sites of Tasmania on a comprehensive 3-day tour from Hobart to Launceston. Delve into the convict history of Australia at Port Arthur Historic Site, and see landmarks like Tasman Arch and Devils Kitchen. Continue to Launceston to discover the gems of Freycinet National Park, including Wineglass Bay. Then head to Cradle Mountain National Park to walk around Dove Lake and admire Cradle Mountain. Stop in towns such as Richmond, Swansea, Sheffield and Orford, and taste fresh produce and seafood from local producers.
On our full day Wine Tour we visit 5 of southern Tasmania’s best wine producers. You'll have the opportunity to meet some of the winemakers and taste a range of award winning, hand crafted, cool climate wines. Tastings may include world class sparkling wines, crisp cool climate white wines and velvety, seductive reds. During vintage you'll see grapes being processed and wines fermented, throughout the year you'll see grapes growing in the vineyard and wines maturing in barrel rooms. You may be lucky enough to try wine direct from the tanks or the barrels, depending on the time of the year and what the winemaker is working on that day. Expect a day packed full of wine tasting, tours, conversations and even some local cheeses thrown in for good measure. Please note detailed tour destinations are an example only. Sometimes we have to change the places we visit on our tours dependant on industry demands and availability. Rest assured - you'll always be going to the tastiest places!
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Layover Tours in Hobart?
What Layover Tours in Hobart are taking additional safety precautions?
What Layover Tours in Hobart are good for avoiding crowds?
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Day Trips
- Full-day Tours
- Layover Tours
- Multi-day Tours
- Classes & Workshops
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Tahune Forest AirWalk Tours & Tickets
- Parliament House Tours & Tickets
- Zoodoo Wildlife Park Tours & Tickets
- Mount Field National Park Tours & Tickets
- Tasmanian Devil Unzoo (Taranna Wildlife Park) Tours & Tickets
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery Tours & Tickets
- St. David's Cathedral Tours & Tickets
- Queens Domain Tours & Tickets
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Maritime Museum of Tasmania Tours & Tickets
- Macquarie Wharf Cruise Ship Terminal (Hobart Cruise Port) Tours & Tickets
- Hobart Sandy Bay Tours & Tickets
- Convict Trail Tours & Tickets
- Cascades Female Factory Historic Site Tours & Tickets
- Russell Falls Tours & Tickets
- Huon Valley Tours & Tickets
- Hobart Runnymede Tours & Tickets
- Richmond Gaol Tours & Tickets
- Tinderbox Marine Reserve Tours & Tickets
- St. George's Anglican Church Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Northern Territory
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets