The Crown Entertainment Complex is the crown jewel of Melbourne’s city center. It features a number of upscale fashion brands such as Prada and Louis Vuitton as well as famous restaurants like Nobu, Rockpool, and Bistro Guillaume. Take an adventurous kayak tour along the Yarra River to get a glimpse of the Crown and the rest of the Melbourne skyline. For a more relaxing journey, hop on a sightseeing cruise to discover the best of Melbourne from Federation Square through the Docklands to the Port of Melbourne.
Recent reviews from experiences in Melbourne
Things to Know Before You Go
Crown Melbourne is a must-visit for casino lovers and party animals, as it boasts some of the best bars, restaurants, and views of Melbourne.
Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult to enter the Crown Casino gaming and gambling areas.
The Crown complex also offers a number of wheelchair-accessible facilities, including some restrooms, parking bays, gaming areas, and eateries.
How to Get There
Crown Melbourne is located on the Southbank Promenade, just across the Yarra River from Flinders Street Station. Visitors can take a number of trams and trains to Flinders Street and walk across Queens or Princes Bridge to access the complex. Trams 12, 58, 96, and 109 also leave guests right in front of the casino. There’s also a parking facility available for those who would like to drive.
When to Get There
The casino is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with the exception of Christmas Day, Good Friday, and Anzac Day. For those who love gastronomy, the Crown Casino hosts a number of events during the Melbourne Food & Wine Festival held every March. Chinese New Year and the Mid-Autumn Lantern Festival are also lively times to visit.
The Gas Brigades of Crown
In one of Melbourne’s coolest shows, eight towers along Southbank shoot large fireballs into the sky along the Yarra River’s bustling promenade. Once the sun sets, the fireball show begins, every hour on the hour. It’s free to watch, and not to be missed.
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
- Visiting the Little Penguins
- How to Pick a Great Ocean Road Tour
- Wine Tasting in Yarra Valley
- Melbourne Street Art
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Melbourne
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Melbourne
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Fall
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Spring
- Top Parks and Gardens in Melbourne
- Art Lover's Guide to Melbourne
- First-Timers Guide to Melbourne