Melbourne Regent Theatre Tours and Activities
An evening of glamour and performance awaits you at Melbourne’s landmark Regent Theatre on Collins Street.Golden and ornate, with velvet drapes, gleaming chandeliers, rich tones and stunning Renaissance Revival architecture, the Regent offers old-world elegance and a contemporary events schedule.
This historic Melbourne venue dates back to 1929, when it was a grand picture palace opening just before the start of the Great Depression. Since then, the theater has endured fire and flood, depression and wartime, dereliction and city development, and has been honored by the National Trust of Australia and the Victorian Heritage Register.
The refurbished theater was reopened in 1996 to seat more than 2,000 people and has since hosted some of the biggest stage productions in Australia, such asThe Lion King,Priscilla Queen of the Desert,Wicked,Westside Story andCats. It is also one of the Melbourne Comedy Festival venues.Restaurants and wine bars flank the streets surrounding the Regent, making it the perfect area to have romantic night out with dinner and a show.
Tours and Activities to Experience Melbourne Regent Theatre
Frequently Asked Questions
- Peninsula Hot Springs with Evening Spa Experience on a Twilight Express Shuttle
- Great Ocean Road Highlights Tour - 2 Days, 1 Night
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island