The sheer vastness of the Grand Canyon, a deep gorge carved by the Colorado River, draws visitors from far and wide to this Arizona sight. Here’s what you need to know about touring the Grand Canyon—by air, vehicle, and foot—from nearby Phoenix.
Arizona Science Center
Open daily 10am - 5pm, closed Thanksgiving and Christmas
600 East Washington Street, Phoenix, 85004
The Arizona Science Center is one of the most popular attractions in Phoenix for families. General admission grants access to more than 300 interactive exhibits divided among nine themed galleries. Additional fees apply for the planetarium and theater. The Science Center is also home to the CREATE makers space, where guests of all ages can use equipment and participate in workshops on topics like woodworking, laser cutting, or 3D printing.
Things to know before you go
- The Arizona Science Center is popular among families traveling with kids.
- The center has an on-site lunchroom, concession stand, and restaurant in the main lobby.
- The Arizona Science Center is fully accessible to wheelchairs and strollers; rentals are available at the information desk.
- The center is a Blue Star Museum with special benefits for active duty military personnel.
How to get there
The entrance to the science center is on Heritage Square in Downtown Phoenix, and the easiest way to get there is to drive. Discounted parking is available in the Heritage and Science Park Garage on 5th and Monroe Streets.
When to get there
The science center tends to be busiest from March to May before 1pm. To avoid the crowds, visit on weekday afternoons after most school groups have left for the day.
Heritage and Science Park
Phoenix’s Heritage and Science Park occupies one of the oldest residential areas of the city. In addition to the Arizona Science Center, the park also features the restored Rosson House (now a living history museum), Phoenix Museum of History, and Heritage Square with its collection of restaurants and galleries.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Arizona Science Center?
What else should I know about attractions in Phoenix?
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Utah
- Heritage Square
- Chase Field
- Phoenix Art Museum
- Pueblo Grande Museum
- Wrigley Mansion
- Mystery Castle
- Phoenix Zoo
- Desert Botanical Gardens
- South Mountain Park
- Camelback Mountain
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Arizona
- SEA LIFE® Aquarium Arizona
- Mill Avenue
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA)
- Old Town Scottsdale