The sheer vastness of the Grand Canyon, a deep gorge carved by the Colorado River, draws visitors from far and wide to this Arizona sight. Here’s what you need to know about touring the Grand Canyon—by air, vehicle, and foot—from nearby Phoenix.
Hours vary for each building
115 North 6th Street, Phoenix, 85004
Heritage Square is one of Phoenix’s most interesting neighborhoods, especially for those interested in history. The crown jewel of the area is the superb Rosson House Museum, a restored 1895 Queen Anne Victorian mansion that interprets the city’s history through guided tours. Thanks to its important role in Phoenix history, the square features on many city sightseeing tours, including self-guided scavenger hunts.
Things to know before you go
- Heritage Square is a must-visit for history buffs.
- The Rosson House Museum is only accessible via guided tours.
- The square itself is accessible to wheelchairs, but the Rosson House Museum is not.
How to get there
Heritage Square is located in the greater Heritage Square and Science Park in Downtown Phoenix. To get there with public transportation, take the light rail to 3rd Street and Washington (westbound) or 3rd Street and Jefferson (eastbound), or bus routes 1,3, or 7. Those with a car can park in the public garage on 5th Street and Monroe.
When to get there
While the neighborhood itself is always accessible, it’s best to visit the square when the Rosson House Museum and Visitor Center are open (Tuesday to Sunday). House tours typically begin every hour.
The Bungalow at Heritage Square
Visitors looking to do some shopping during their time in Phoenix should stop by The Bungalow, a gift shop for Heritage Square visitors selling everything from handmade toys and pottery to knitwear and cocktail mixers. The Bungalow also hosts handcraft workshops.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the nearest attractions to Heritage Square?
What else should I know about attractions in Phoenix?
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Utah
- Arizona Science Center
- Chase Field
- Phoenix Art Museum
- Pueblo Grande Museum
- Wrigley Mansion
- Phoenix Zoo
- Mystery Castle
- Desert Botanical Gardens
- South Mountain Park
- Camelback Mountain
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Arizona
- SEA LIFE® Aquarium Arizona
- Mill Avenue
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA)
- Old Town Scottsdale