The sheer vastness of the Grand Canyon, a deep gorge carved by the Colorado River, draws visitors from far and wide to this Arizona sight. Here’s what you need to know about touring the Grand Canyon—by air, vehicle, and foot—from nearby Phoenix.
Wildlife World Zoo Aquarium and Safari Park
Open daily 9am - 6 pm
16501 W. Northern Avenue, Litchfield, Arizona
One could easily spend an entire day at Wildlife World and not see everything. A four-building aquarium houses marine life large and small, while the recently expanded Safari Park lets visitors get close to lions, wildebeest, giraffes, and other African animals on a self-guided walking tour or tram ride. The zoo area is home to more than 600 different species from around the globe, including a white rhinoceros and other endangered animals. Zookeepers present free animal talks, feedings, and other demonstrations throughout the day. For an extra thrill, visitors can ride a boat, train, and a handful of amusement rides at the park’s Adventureland.
Things to know before you go
- Save time by buying a skip-the-line admission ticket in advance.
- Most of the park is wheelchair accessible and wheelchairs are available to rent for the day.
- Wildlife encounters and feedings are free but rides come with an extra charge.
- Five different dining options inside the park range from grab-and-go snacks to a sit-down restaurant.
How to get there
Wildlife World is located in Litchfield, Arizona, about 30 minutes northwest of Phoenix. Plenty of free parking is available on site.
When to get there
The zoo is open 365 days a year, including all holidays. Visit on a weekday for fewer crowds. Check the daily schedule for zookeeper demos and feeding times.
Visiting the Zoo with Kids
Families traveling with young children will find plenty to do at Wildlife World. Little-kid favorites include the Safari Park Train and Adventureland carousel, while older kids ready for thrills can take a spin on the Soaring Eagle zipline or Vertigo spinning swings. Sea lion shows at Shipwreck Cove and adorable animals at the nursery are also a hit. When hunger strikes, the Congo Cooker and Safari Grill offer picky-eater options like pizza, fries, and ice cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Wildlife World Zoo Aquarium and Safari Park?
What else should I know about attractions in Phoenix?
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Utah