Port of Split (Luka Split) Tours
Read MoreShow Less
The largest passenger port in Croatia and one of the busiest in the Mediterranean, the Port of Split (Luka Split) connects Croatia’s second-largest city with destinations all over the region, from nearby islands to other countries. The port is located within walking distance to the Old Town, as well as Split’s bus and train stations.
In addition to larger vessels, the Port of Split caters to yachts, fishing boats, and light watercraft. As it's just southeast of the city and adjacent to public transportation, it's convenient for both day-trippers and those planning a shore excursion. Walk 10 minutes from the port to reach Old Town with highlights such as Diocletian’s Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take a 1-day shore excursion to discover the millennia-old city, or go white-water rafting on the Cetina River.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Be prepared for some company—the Port of Split attracts upwards of 5 million visitors a year.
- Much of Split’s Old Town can only be accessed on foot; dress in comfortable shoes that have good grip, as the marble streets can be slippery.
- Nearby attractions include the world-famous Diocletian’s Palace, as well as the Split Cathedral and the Meštrović Gallery, dedicated to sculptor Ivan Meštrović.
- An array of restaurants, bars, and cafes can be found minutes from the Port; the city’s popular Green Market is also a good place to nibble and browse.
How to Get to Split from the Port of Split
The Port of Split is located a quick commute from the city center. If your luggage is light, the 10-minute, slightly uphill journey is easy to accomplish on foot; alternatively, taxis will ferry you directly to your local destination. The city’s major train and bus stations are also located right along the port.
Cruise lines, small yachts, and other vessels all stop at the Port of Split. Croatian is the local language, though English is understood widely. The local currency is the kuna.
Address: Gat Sv. Duje 1, Split, Dalmatia 21000, Croatia
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Port of Split (Luka Split)
No results found!
Things to do near Split
- Things to do in Dalmatia
- Things to do in Hvar
- Things to do in Šibenik
- Things to do in Mostar
- Things to do in Zadar
- Things to do in Visoko
- Things to do in Sarajevo
- Things to do in Dubrovnik
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Central Croatia
- Things to do in Adriatic Coast