Top Sydney Layover Tours
Saved to wishlist!
13 results | All Sydney Tours
Blast off from Circular Quay on a jet boat ride that provides a super-fun 30-minute adrenaline-fueled ride along with a new perspective on Sydney's most iconic waterside sights. Your expert captain slows down to give you a close up look at the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and other landmarks, then before zooming off again. Hang on as your jet boat executes 270-degree spins, power slides and other breathtaking maneuvers at high speed. Tours depart throughout the day, every hour.
Experience Sydney Harbour in a unique way: during a 30-minute wild ride on 'Thunder', a jet boat capable of slides, twists, wave riding, and fishtails. Enjoy some sightseeing between tricks with views of Luna Park, Taronga Zoo, Sydney Opera House, Rose Bay and other famous Harbour landmarks.
Maximize your time in Australia with a walking tour of Sydney during your airport layover. Sightseeing tours can be arranged for the daytime or at night in order to show you Sydney’s highlights during your layover. Your guide facilitates your visit to the places that you most want to experience before your plane takes off for your next destination.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Stop at the world-famous Bondi Beach See Sydney icons, the Opera House and Harbour Bridge Visit the Gap to enjoy stunning sea views Explore the historic Rocks district Pass by Hyde Park, St. Mary's Cathedral, the Parliament house, and the Art Gallery of NSW Enjoy a photo opportunity at Mrs Macquarie's Chair
The perfect introduction to Sydney. Get greeted and welcomed by a local Sydney tour guide at the airport or cruise port. Make the most of your arrival day or layover with a fully private guided tour of all of Sydney's most famous and beautiful sights. This tour can fill the time between your arrival and your check in time at your hotel with an awesome introduction with a friendly local guide.
Enjoy a deluxe sunset cruise on Sydney Harbour accompanied by a delicious three-course dinner. From the water, admire iconic sights such as Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, Fort Denison, Luna Park and more. Snap photos as the sky shimmers at sunset and the city skyline lights up for the night as you cruise through Sydney in the evening.
Visit your choice of two, three or four of Sydney’s top attractions with the convenient and economical Sydney combo pass. Choose from a list of five options: SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, Sydney Tower Eye or Madame Tussauds Sydney. The Sydney Tower Eye observation deck offers sweeping views over Sydney Harbour and the city. The zoo and aquariums feature an amazing array of native Australian wildlife. Pose for photos with life-like wax statues of your favorite celebrities at Madame Tussauds.
Get up close and personal with Sydney’s iconic harbor on this sea kayak adventure led by a professional photographer. Setting out from Blackwattle Bay, pose for photos in midwater, framed by Sydney Harbour Bridge, then land on rarely visited Goat Island (Memel) and discover its fascinating history as you look for wildlife. Your tour includes all necessary gear, from lifejacket and paddling gloves to water shoes, hat, and even sunscreen.
Take in panoramic views of top Sydney landmarks as you cruise through Sydney Harbour en route to Taronga Zoo. Your package includes round-trip cruise from Circular Quay to the zoo, and a ride on the Sky Safari Gondola, which whisks you uphill from the boat dock to the main entrance of Taronga Zoo. From the gondola, get an early peek at some of the zoo's inhabitants, such as giraffes, big apes, and native animals like kangaroos and koalas.
Cruise through Sydney Harbour in style on board a spacious flagship vessel that departs from Circular Quay and King Street Wharf. Glide by landmarks, including the floodlit Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House, and watch the city change colors with the sunset. Then sit down for a 4-course dinner with an array of international dishes including fresh seafood. Enjoy the views from your table or the viewing deck, and live music on this 2-hour dinner cruise.
Soak in 360-degree views as you dine on a delicious buffet lunch or dinner at the Sydney Tower Restaurant's revolving restaurant. From your vantage point high above the streets of Sydney, the views change as the restaurant slowly revolves during your meal. Large picture windows frame iconic sights like the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Darling Harbour, Circular Quay and, in the distance, the Blue Mountains. Enjoy a lunch, dinner or even a degustation tasting a range of tasty dishes that is sure to please everyone in your party.
Cruise the ocean waters off of Sydney to look for humpback and southern right whales as they migrate between Antarctica and the Great Barrier Reef from May to November. Your whale-watching experience starts out of Sydney Harbour and heads to the open ocean on a custom-built catamaran with large viewing windows and spacious decks that provide excellent sightlines. Often, dolphins, sea birds and other marine animals make an appearance during the nearly 2.5-hour whale-watching tour.
The world’s most beautiful harbour deserves the very best cruise to experience it. Choose from two spectacular options, the Harbour Experience aboard our premier sightseeing fleet or, enhance your cruise with the Premium Harbour Experience to enjoy a house beverage of your choice and a Cheese & Charcuterie board to share, as you cruise by the majestic Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Fort Denison and other top sights on this 1.5 hour cruise. Listen to commentary straight from your smartphone, relax into your seat or choose to venture up to the upper open-air deck as you marvel at the beauty of Sydney Harbour.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Layover Tours in Sydney?
The best Layover Tours in Sydney according to Viator travelers are:
What Layover Tours in Sydney are taking additional safety precautions?
These Sydney experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Layover Tours in Sydney are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Sydney may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Day Trips
- Full-day Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Layover Tours
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Classes & Workshops
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Unique Experiences
- Bradleys Head Tours & Tickets
- BridgeClimb Sydney Tours & Tickets
- Balmoral Tours & Tickets
- Watsons Bay Tours & Tickets
- Australian National Maritime Museum Tours & Tickets
- Palm Beach Tours & Tickets
- Museum of Contemporary Art Tours & Tickets
- Bronte Beach Tours & Tickets
- Perisher & Thredbo Ski Resorts Tours & Tickets
- Museum of Sydney Tours & Tickets
- Sydney Jewish Museum Tours & Tickets
- Garrison Church Tours & Tickets
- Camp Cove Tours & Tickets
- Sydney Observatory Tours & Tickets
- WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo Tours & Tickets
- Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) Tours & Tickets
- Vaucluse House Tours & Tickets
- Oxford Street Tours & Tickets
- Australian Museum Tours & Tickets
- Paddington Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Queensland
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets
Day Trips from Sydney
- Sydney to New South Wales
- Sydney to Manly Beach
- Sydney to Bondi Beach
- Sydney to Darling Harbour
- Sydney to Blue Mountains
- Sydney to Sydney Fish Market (SFM)
- Sydney to Watsons Bay
- Sydney to Palm Beach
- Sydney to Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Sydney to Hunter Valley Gardens
- Sydney to Whale Beach
- Sydney to Southern Highlands
- Sydney to Jervis Bay
- Sydney to Newcastle
- Sydney to Hunter Valley