2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Enrich your knowledge of Anne Frank’s early life on a private 1.5-hour walking tour of Amsterdam-Zuid. In this wealthy residential area, you’ll visit Anne Frank’s family home, first school and the shop at which she bought her famous diary. As you listen to commentary from your knowledgeable guide, you’ll discover fascinating facts about the young writer and receive undivided attention throughout the private tour. Relish the opportunity to customize your tour and conclude with a warming cup of coffee before bidding your guide farewell.
- Private 1.5-hour tour of Anne Frank related sites in Amsterdam-Zuid
- Learn about the life of Anne Frank before she went into hiding
- See Anne’s school and the Frank family home
- Explore the streets of Amsterdam-Zuid, an affluent area of the city
- Enjoy personalized commentary from a private guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
The story of Anne Frank during World War II is well documented, but how much do you know of the girl before she was forced into hiding? This tour offers a unique glimpse into Anne’s life outside of the secret annexe.
Saved to wishlist!
Coffee and/or Tea
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Train ride from Amsterdam-Zuid to central Amsterdam
Entrance to the Anne Frank House Museum
Departure & Return
Merwedeplein 61, 1078 NC Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- Good walking shoes recommended
- Entrance tickets for the Anne Frank House are not included. This tour does not grant you access or allow you to enter the Anne Frank House, but shows the area where she grew up.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY HTG Services
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Anne Frank Walking Tour of Amsterdam?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Anne Frank Walking Tour of Amsterdam?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Do this Tour first and then visit The Anne Frank House- everything will then become much clearer for you." See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAmsterdamWalking Tours - RotterdamHistorical Tours - RotterdamWalking Tours - DordrechtHistorical Tours - DordrechtWalking Tours - LeeuwardenHistorical Tours - LeeuwardenCategory
Museum Van LoonRed Light Secrets (Museum of Prostitution)Mint Tower (Munttoren)Amsterdam MuseumDam SquareAmstel RiverMuseum Het SchipRembrandt Square (Rembrandtplein)Dapper Market (Dappermarkt) Johan Cruyff ArenaMoco MuseumHerengrachtNational Maritime Museum (Het Scheepvaartmuseum)JordaanNational Holocaust MuseumAmsterdam DungeonBegijnhofPortuguese SynagogueBridge of 15 BridgesAlbert Cuyp Market