Explore our promoted experiences
- See the historic Boab Prison Tree
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at Windjana Gorge
- Take a guided walking tour of Tunnel Creek
- Morning and afternoon tea included plus hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
You'll stop at the Willare Roadhouse for morning tea beside the Fitzroy River, then continue on to the Boab Prison Tree, rumored to have been used in the 1890s to imprison indigenous Australians en route to nearby Derby for sentencing.
After a look, continue along the Gibb River Road, a former cattle route accessible by 4WD vehicles. You'll arrive at Windjana Gorge, an ancient reef oasis of the Napier Range, made of soaring limestone walls rising more than 300 feet (90 meters). Search for fossils of shells and tiny marine creatures as your guide points out any wildlife, including birds and freshwater crocodiles that stealthily inhabit the Lennard River.
After a picnic lunch, depart Windjana Gorge for Tunnel Creek in the afternoon. Disembark your vehicle for a guided walking tour of subterranean tunnels that form an underground labyrinth beneath the Napier Range. Your guide reveals the history of white settlement in the Kimberley region and shares the legendary tale of Jandamarra, an Aboriginal tracker who led an insurrection against colonizing pastoralists and hid out in the gorge in the late 19th century.
Reward your walk with a refreshing dip in a swimming hole before a last stop at the ruins of Lillimooloora Station to view the sunset. Your 15-hour day trip includes afternoon tea and an optional dinner (own expense), before arriving back in Broome at night.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please bring sun protection, water bottle and wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please bring a pair of shoes you don't mind getting wet, such as reef sandals or sneakers
- Due to uneven surfaces and a moderate amount of walking, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Kimberley Wild Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized