- Early-morning hot air balloon flight over Queensland's Atherton Tablelands
- Free commemorative flight certificate
- Expert interpretive commentary
- Pickup and drop off from all centrally located Cairns, Northern Beaches, and Palm Cove hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up at hotels in the Cairns and Northern Beaches areas.
What To Expect
As you rise off the ground above the scenic Atherton Tablelands, get a fantastic aerial perspective of the region’s farmlands, rivers, and rolling hills in the distance. Your pilot points out unique features and points of interest as you float over the beautiful terrain. Watch morning fog dissipate as the sun washes the landscape with a rosy, golden light, and wave to other balloons that maybe floating nearby.
After your time in the air, return gently to the ground. Help deflate, roll, and repack the enormous balloon with your crew and fellow passengers for a fun and interactive finish. Receive a certificate to commemorate your spectacular flight, and relax on the return drive to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- All passengers must be able to get into the balloon basket unaided to the satisfaction of the pilot, or they will not be able to fly
- Children aged 4 years and under are not permitted to fly
- Mobile phone contact required when booking
- Pregnant women unable to travel
- Please provide mobile phone number or email address at time of booking
- Flight time is minimum 40 minutes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hot Air Cairns
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Hot Air Ballooning Tour from Cairns.