- Full-day cruise to the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef from Cairns
- Snorkel or scuba dive from the back of the boat
- Visit three different sites on the Great Barrier Reef
- Beginners can snorkel or try an introductory dive
- Experienced divers can complete up to three certified dives
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
At booking, choose how you’d like to explore the reef. Slip on a snorkeling mask and fins if you prefer to stay near the surface, or go deeper with a scuba dive. Beginning divers can take one of two introductory dives, and experienced divers can complete up to three certified dives throughout the day.
All equipment is provided, and guides are on hand to provide instruction and ensure your safety. Whatever you choose, expect to spend ample time in the water observing the reef’s famous marine life including coral formations, tropical fish, anemones, and sea turtles.
In between dives, recharge with morning and afternoon tea breaks and enjoy a delicious buffet lunch midday. Purchase a drink from the full onboard bar if you like, and soak up the tropical sun on the return trip to Cairns, where your tour concludes in the afternoon.
Note: Book early to secure your spot, and enjoy a flexible reservations policy that allows you to change the date of your tour at no additional charge once you arrive in Cairns.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age for all diving activities is 12 years however some people may require a doctor’s certificate
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- After a single scuba dive a wait of 12 hours is recommended before ascending to an altitude of 300 metres or greater. If doing multiple dives an interval of 24 hours is suggested.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 90 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Quicksilver Group
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Silverswift Outer Great Barrier Reef Dive and Snorkel Cruise from Cairns.
- "Please note that if you do diving during 2nd location, your lunch time will be shorten." See review