Explore our promoted experiences
- Buckingham Palace tour including the Changing of the Guard ceremony, led by a tour host
- Wander through St James’s Park and watch the famous Changing of the Guard
- Explore the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace, an experience only open to the public for two months of the year
- Plug into an audio guide and learn about Queen Elizabeth II and the British Royal Family
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
By the Duke of York Column, Waterloo Place, 9 Carlton Terrace, London SW1Y 5AJ. This is the tall column with a statue on top.
Inside Buckingham Palace
What To Expect
See immaculately groomed horses and the beautifully dressed Household Cavalry canter across Horse Guards Parade, and then prepare to enter one of Britain’s most iconic cultural institutions. Listen to illuminating commentary from your guide as you stroll to the entrance of the regal residence, only open for two months of the year.
Pop in your audio guide and embark on independent exploration of Queen Elizabeth II’s luxurious State Apartments. Delight in opulent ornaments like sparkling chandeliers, classic artworks and elegantly upholstered furniture as you discover the historical rooms.
Return to the outside of Buckingham Palace and bid your guide farewell at this central location.
Please note: If there is heavy rain — or if the Changing of the Guard is rescheduled to early morning (as on some Sundays) — the ceremony will be replaced with a walking tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Depending on the day you will see either the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace or Horse Guards Parade. The Changing of the Guard is subject to changes in date, time and cancellation at the discretion of British authorities.
- On occasional Sundays may be rescheduled to early morning, this will then be replaced with an extended walking tour.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Cancellation due to bad weather is not announced before 11AM. When this occurs, customers will still see a ‘wet change’ during which the guards march but without the usual music or parade.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders UK
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience