Explore our promoted experiences
- An Ape Calessino tour to see the Sassi di Matera without getting footsore
- See the rupestrian Church of San Pietro Caveoso and Palombaro Lungo cistern
- Take in views over the ancient Sassi and Murgia Materana Park
- Guide commentary about the city’s unique 1,000-year history
Departure & Return
I have a Blue Color Calessino, with a white canopy. The meeting point is in Piazza San Francesco d'Assisi, in front of the hypogeums of Matera 2019.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ape Calessino Tour Matera
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.