Are you interested in?
10 Tours & Activities
Sassi di Matera Tours
62 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
74 Tours & Activities
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore the unique cave dwellings of Matera along with other historic parts of the town with this 2-hour guided tour. Join a knowledgeable local guide for a look at the incredible caves – including churches carved right from the rock – that made Matera a UNESCO World Heritage Site and inspired Mel Gibson to use the ancient town as the setting for his 2004 film 'The Passion.' At the end of the tour, enjoy a sampling of local foods.
- 2-hour guided tour of Matera
- Explorethe famous 'sassi,' ancient cave dwellings
- Seean ancient church carved from the rock
- Walk through Matera's charming streets
- Sample local foods
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointVia Domenico Ridola, 61, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Altieri Viaggi
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 14534P6