- 4.5-hour Blending Bench experience at d'Arenberg winery in McLaren Vale
- Learn the secrets of winemaking with a hands-on experience at d'Arenberg winery
- Create your own Shiraz wine blend and receive a sample bottle to take away
- Indulge with an 8-course degustation lunch at d’Arry’s Verandah Restaurant
- Take away a sample bottle of your personalised wine
- Small-group tour limited to six people ensures a personalised experience
Departure & Return
Departure Point: d'Arenberg winery Address: Osborn Road, McLaren Vale, South Australia 5171 Dates: Monday - Friday
What To Expect
Start by learning more about the winemaking process as your guide explains how the grapes are picked, crushed, fermented, pressed, and barrel aged. Thankfully, the hard work has already been done for you, so you can set straight to work creating your own unique wine blend. Working with a palette of wine samples, each with distinctive flavors and textures, mix your own version of d'Arenberg's premium Shiraz under the guidance of the winemakers. Once you’re happy with your creation, you’ll have chance to bottle and name your wine, and be presented with a 750-ml sample to take home with you.
After working up an appetite in the tasting room, head over to d’Arry’s Verandah Restaurant, where you’ll be treated to an unforgettable lunch overlooking the rolling vineyards of McLaren Vale. Tuck into an 8-course degustation menu of gourmet cuisine, including carefully selected wines and a decadent dessert.
Once your lunch is over, you are free to stroll around the vineyards and take in the views, before making your own way back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY d'Arenberg
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff