12 to 14 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience Australian wildlife and rainforest up-close and personal with a full day trip to Moonlit Sanctuary and the Puffing Billy Steam Train from Melbourne. Explore Moonlit Sanctuary's bushland setting with an experienced guide, and meet animals that range from koalas to kangaroos, dingos to monitor lizards. Learn about local conservation efforts. Soak up the wild atmosphere of a mountain rainforest while riding a century-old steam train along scenic tracks before returning to Melbourne.
- Full-day wildlife and railway tour from Melbourne
- Meet Australia's most iconic animals
- Explore the wildlife sanctuary on a guided tour
- Step back in time on a steam railway
- All entrance fees included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Saved to wishlist!
Friendly & informative tour guide
Pickup from selected hotels
One-way journey on Puffing Billy Steam Train
Entry to Moonlit Sanctuary & the Penguin Parade
WiFi on board
Meals & drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup is only available from the list of hotels provided upon checkout.
Your pickup will be between 9am-10am (Apr-Oct) or 10am-11am (Nov-Mar) depending on which hotel you selected. Your exact meeting time will be provided after a booking is placed.
This tour returns to Melbourne at approximately 9pm-midnight depending on the season.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please limit luggage to a small backpack weighing no more than 11lbs ( 5 kg)
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- If travelling with an infant, please contact Tour Operator directly and request infant seat
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bunyip Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Puffing Billy, Moonlit Sanctuary & Penguins Day Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Puffing Billy, Moonlit Sanctuary & Penguins Day Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Puffing Billy, Moonlit Sanctuary & Penguins Day Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Puffing Billy, Moonlit Sanctuary & Penguins Day Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The train is a fun experience, but it is a little disorganized because there are too many workers organizing people." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Puffing Billy, Moonlit Sanctuary & Penguins Day Tour
12 to 14 hours
4 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursBus ToursAudio GuidesNature and WildlifeHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursKid FriendlyDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportSt KildaMelbourneRail Tours - VictoriaBus Tours - VictoriaAudio Guides - VictoriaNature and Wildlife - VictoriaHistorical Tours - VictoriaFull-day Tours - VictoriaRail Tours - Yarra ValleyBus Tours - Yarra ValleyAudio Guides - Yarra ValleyNature and Wildlife - Yarra ValleyHistorical Tours - Yarra ValleyFull-day Tours - Yarra ValleyRail Tours - BallaratBus Tours - BallaratAudio Guides - BallaratNature and Wildlife - BallaratHistorical Tours - BallaratFull-day Tours - BallaratCategory
Immigration MuseumDegraves StreetState Library VictoriaMount MacedonAlbert ParkSt Paul's CathedralNational Sports MuseumShrine of RemembranceEureka Skydeck 88 Caulfield RacecourseOld Melbourne GaolHotel EsplanadeBrighton BeachLoch Ard GorgeMelbourne MuseumSEA LIFE® Melbourne AquariumMelbourne Sports & Aquatic CentreFitzroy GardensDandenong RangesAshcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens