Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore Zenko-ji, one of Japan’s oldest Buddhist temples
- Take a break from sightseeing to enjoy a sake-tasting experience
- Learn about snow monkeys in their natural habitat at the Snow Monkey Park
- Enjoy a traditional Japanese lunch at a restaurant near Nagano
Departure & Return
Your guide will be waiting in front of the large Information Board, directly across from the Shinkansen / Bullet Train ticket gates at 09:35. Your guide will be wearing a SNOW MONKEY RESORTS tour tag. Please ensure you are at the meetup point early so that departure is not delayed.
Your guide will meet you at the hotel entrance at 07:40 and will be wearing a SNOW MONKEY RESORTS tour tag. Please note, this is group tour, not a private tour and your guide will not have time to search for you / call your room. Please be at the entrance early so that the tour can depart on-time.
Your guide will meet you inside the terminal at 07:55 and will be wearing a SNOW MONKEY RESORTS tour tag. Please note, other tour operators use the terminal so make sure you ask that the guide confirms your booking. Please be at the entrance early so that the tour can depart on-time.
Your guide will meet you inside the main building at 08:05 and will be wearing a SNOW MONKEY RESORTS tour tag. Please note, other tour operators use the terminal so make sure you ask that the guide confirms your booking. Please be at the entrance early so that the tour can depart on-time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour includes a reasonable amount of walking including to and from the monkey park along a 1.6km (1 mile), unsealed forest trail. Please sure your footwear is approriate and you are dressed accordingly for the season.
- Guests are required to follow the Snow Monkey Park rules at all times. Guests are not permitted to touch, hold, feed or bathe with the monkeys at any time. There are no barriers separating the monkeys from visitors to the park. Please ensure you keep a minimum distance of 1 to 2 meters between yourself and the monkeys. Your guide will explain the rules prior to entering the park.
- This tour uses different forms of transport. Tours can be conducted by microbus, larger coach or train depending on the season and size of the group.
- From mid-December until early-April the trail and park are likely to be affected by snow and ice. Please ensure that you are wearing suitable shoes/boots and warm clothing. If required, rental boots are available close to the monkey park and crampons (metal spikes that attach underneath your shoes/boots) can also be purchased. From mid-December until early-March please wear suitable clothing for temperatures potentially below 0°C (and as low as -10°C).
- During the winter it is common to see the monkeys enjoying the hot spring however from spring up to autumn there will be times where the monkeys play or eat in the water, however please note that the monkeys are wild animals and there is no guarantee that there will be monkeys in the bath.
- There are a few days in the year that the monkeys might not come down to the park, arrive late or leave early. While this is unlikely, it is possible and is outside of our control.
- Departure Tokyo Station – Arrival Nagano Station: Tokyo: 07:20 – Nagano: 08:43 – Kagayaki (reserved seats only) * Tokyo: 07:24 – Nagano: 09:14 – Asama Tokyo: 07:52 – Nagano: 09:30 – Hakutaka
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Departure Nagano Station – Arrival Tokyo Station Nagano: 17:55 – Tokyo: 19:20 – Kagayaki (reserved seats only) Nagano: 18:22 – Tokyo: 20:00 – Hakutaka
- *Winter only* Guests in Hakuba can join this tour using our shuttle service from / to Hakuba Tokyu Hotel in Wadano, Hakuba Happo Bus Terminal and Hakuba Base Camp in Echoland. This service is only available from 2021/12/15 until 2022/03/31 and may not be available every day between those dates. We apologise that bookings from / to Hakuba cannot be accepted outside of these dates. When using this shuttle service please note that your guide will join and depart the tour at Nagano Station.
- *Winter only* This tour is scheduled to conclude at Nagano Station by 17:30 (and by 18:45 for guests joining from Hakuba in winter). However, due to weather and road conditions in winter we cannot guarantee the end time. For guests booking shinkansen tickets to travel to Tokyo after the tour in winter, we ask that you do not book any service earlier than the 17:56 Kagayaki (reservation only) or our recommendation of the 18:23 Hakutaka. For guests booking onward tickets to other destinations we also recommend doing so for times of 18:00 or later.
- This tour includes lunch at Monzen Terrace Enya. On rare occasions it may not be possible to use this restaurant in which case we would switch to another, comparable location. Please note that the restaurant may change their menu from time-to-time and the tour lunch may different to images shown on this page.
- This tour includes ‘sake’ tasting in Nagano City. The venue can change depending on the time of year. You must be a minimum of 20 years of age to consume alcohol on the tour.
- Infants (0-5) are free of charge. An infant lunch is not included and the order will be made directly to the restaurant according to your needs.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- OPERATED BY Machinovate Japan Ltd.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The monkeys were all over, so don't worry about not seeing any (even during the summer or off season)." See review
- "I found a gelato bar along the way which offers premium gelato, a must to try out." See review
- "At the end of the day, grab some sushi from the local market at the train station and settle in for the ride back to Tokyo without much of a care except remembering your experience with the monkeys!" See review