Explore our promoted experiences
- Tram Palm Springs
- Take the Palm Springs tramway up 5,873 feet up into the cool climate of the San Jacinto Mountains
- Spectacular views from the world's largest revolving cable car
- At the top watch an 18-minute film on the history of the history and construction of the Tramway
- The Mountain Station 3-story facility has a cocktail lounge, dining facilities, gift shop and observation decks
Departure & Return
|Monday:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Thursday:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Friday:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Saturday:||08:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Sunday:||08:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
What To Expect
As you climb aboard the world's largest rotating tramcars, be prepared to rise from the floor of the Sonoran Desert, where temperatures frequently reach as high as 120 degrees Fahrenheit (48C) to the cool alpine air at 8,516 feet (2,838 meters). Pass through enormous Ponderosa pines in this arctic-alpine forest, enjoying views of the San Jacinto Mountains and Chino Canyon.
When you reach Mountain Station, disembark to explore the facilities, which include observation decks, a cocktail lounge and dining facilities. Pause to watch a short film on the construction of the Tramway, then head out into the 14,000-acre (5,665-hectare) Mt San Jacinto State Park and Wilderness Area. Make use of the 54 miles (87 km) of hiking trails on foot in the summer or by snowshoe or cross-country skis in the winter.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please present voucher to the ticket office. Tickets will be timed for the next available tram car as a first come first serve basis.
- The Tramway is subject to delays and periodic shutdowns due to unforeseen circumstances and is not responsible for ticket refunds or the inability to redeem a voucher
- Tramway cars hold 80 people each and there are no seats. Passengers remain standing throughout the journey up the mountain
- Distance is approximately 12,800 feet, with a vertical ascent of 5,873 feet - 15 minutes travel time one way
- The tramway is known as a double reversible type of aerial tramway. Each car remains on one pair of track cables moving up and down without turning around. Each car serves as a counter balance to the other, the descending car is helping pull the ascending car up the mountain
- Strollers are permitted on this tour
- During holiday periods, you may experience long lines. We recommend you travel outside of these peak times to fully enjoy everything the tramway and mountain have to offer.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- There is parking in 13 paved lots near Valley Station. There is free shuttle service from parking lots to Valley Station entrance available weekends and holiday periods
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "There are some walking and hiking paths at the top too." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews