Explore our promoted experiences
- Private Pisa walking tour, including the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the gorgeous Cathedral
- Admire attractions such as the Cathedral, the Baptistery, Piazza dei Cavalieri, and the Church of San Sisto
- Tuck into a delicious 2-course lunch at a typical Tuscan Trattoria (if option selected)
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Starting Time: Morning Option at 09.30 am - Afternoon Option at 02.30 pm Meeting with the guide in front of the door of the Leaning Tower
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you stroll around the square, listen as your guide tells the story of Pisa’s fascinating history from Etruscan settlement to a Roman colony to a medieval port town. Admire the distinctive Cathedral (interior visit) and Baptistery, both striking examples of Pisan Romanesque architecture, then turn your attention to the star attraction—the legendary Leaning Tower of Pisa. Hear more about the tower’s infamous lean and pose for photos by the iconic tower, before continuing on your walking tour of the city.
Follow your guide through the Old Town, pausing to admire the Church of San Sisto, one of Pisa’s oldest churches, and explore the medieval Piazza dei Cavalieri, home to one of the most famous universities in the world—the Scuola Normale—and the Conte Ugolino Tower, which is featured in Dante’s 'Divine Comedy.' Stop by the one-time home of poet Giacomo Leopardi on the way to Piazza Arcivescovado, then marvel at the grandiose façade of the Palazzo Vescovile.
After taking in the highlights of the city, return to the Leaning Tower where your private guide leaves you and head straight inside using your pre-paid skip-the-line tickets. Climb the 294-step spiral staircase to the top of the 56-meter (183-foot) high tower, from where the views span the entire city.
After your visit to the tower, head to a nearby trattoria to tuck into a delicious 2-course lunch or dinner (if option is selected) before continuing to sightsee independently.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The Leaning Tower: Rules and Regulations - The visit lasts about 30 minutes - no extension is allowed. Children under the age of 8 will not be admitted under any circumstances and an adult will have to remain with . Children between 8 and 12 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult and held by the hand at all times. Teenagers between 12 and 18 years of age are allowed on the Tower only if accompanied by a responsible adult. Visiting the Tower requires a considerable amount of physical effort. Please consider that the spiral staircase has about as many as 300 steps. It is strongly recommended that people with heart disorders or individuals suffering from impaired health conditions do not visit the Tower.
- The climb on the Leaning Tower will be done on their own (without the guide)
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY CAF Tour and Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms