Are you interested in?
St. Peter's Square (Piazza San Pietro) Tours
476 Tours & Activities
3046 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
5857 Tours & Activities
4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Begin your Vatican experience a little differently with a climb up the dome of St. Peter's Basilica with a guide. After getting sweeping views of Vatican City and Rome beyond, proceed inside for a guided tour of the church itself, the Vatican Museums, and the Sistine Chapel. This half-day tour takes place in the morning, before much of the crowds arrive at the Vatican.
- Save time with skip-the-line Vatican tickets
- Sweeping views of Rome from St. Peter's Basilica dome
- Comprehensive tour of the basilica, Vatican Museums, and Sistine Chapel
- Art historian guide provides in-depth commentary
Saved to wishlist!
St. Peter's Dome Climb to the top of Michelangelo's Cupola for truly amazing views of Rome!
Get into the Vatican Museums fast with our no lines priority access ticket and a local expert guide
Catch all the classic and ancient sculptures inside world famous chambers, halls and galleries
Immersive Sistine Chapel inside experience and a panel-by-panel tour of Michelangelo's ceiling
Full tour of entire St. Peter's Basilica covering all the major works of art and sculpture therein
Tour of little-known Papal Sarcophagi beneath St. Peter's Basilica which we call "Vatacombs"
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointLargo del Colonnato, 1, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
Return DetailsPiazza Papa Pio XII, Roma RM, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- On days immediately surrounding religious holidays at the Vatican, alterations to tours may become necessary due to partial closings of areas normally included in this tour. In the event that the Papal tombs beneath St. Peter's Basilica are closed, the tour of the Basilica itself will be extended and no refunds made
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Maximum 15 travelers on this tour, hand sanitizer made available (we will provide), mandatory mask-wearing on the tour (bring your own)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY When In Rome Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Original Entire Vatican Tour & St. Peter's Dome Climb?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during The Original Entire Vatican Tour & St. Peter's Dome Climb?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during The Original Entire Vatican Tour & St. Peter's Dome Climb?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Original Entire Vatican Tour & St. Peter's Dome Climb?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "It was very hot but it was 90 out side skip the li e is a must as the wait was at least 2 hours or more in the hot sun ." See review
- "The Climb to the top with "When in Rome Tours" is highly recommended, even by grandma!" See review
- "Give yourself time to walk to the meeting point for Vatican museum and Sistine chapel tour." See review
Product code: 5831P75
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursCity ToursSporting EventsExtremeWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesLuxury & Special OccasionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingRome4WD Tours - Lake BraccianoCity Tours - Lake BraccianoSporting Events - Lake BraccianoExtreme - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake Bracciano4WD Tours - Lake BolsenaCity Tours - Lake BolsenaSporting Events - Lake BolsenaExtreme - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake Bolsena4WD Tours - AssisiCity Tours - AssisiSporting Events - AssisiExtreme - AssisiWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiHalf-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Capitoline Hill and Museums (Campidoglio e Musei Capitolini)Church of Saint Ignatius of Loyola (Chiesa di Sant'Ignazio di Loyola)Ciampino International Airport (CIA)Temple of Caesar (Tempio di Cesare)Villa TorloniaFountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana delle Quattro Fiumi)Trajan's Market (Mercati di Traiano)Villa FarnesinaChurch of St. Peter in Chains (San Pietro in Vincoli)Rainbow Magic LandOdescalchi Castle (Castello Odescalchi)Basilica of St. Stephen in the Round (Basilica di Santo Stefano Rotondo)Basilica of San Clemente al Laterano (Basilica di San Clemente al Laterano)Basilica di Sant'Andrea della ValleHouse of Livia (Casa di Livia)Ancient RomeSeven Hills of Rome (Sette Colli di Roma)Piazza BarberiniBarberini Palace (Palazzo Barberini)Villa Medici