- Day trip from Rome to Assisi and Orvieto
- See the breathtakingly beautiful Orvieto Cathedral
- Spend your afternoon in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Assisi in Umbria
- Stop in the town of Santa Maria degli Angeli to see a 9th-century basilica where St Francis of Assisi worshipped
Departure & Return
the meeting point is in Via Giovanni Amendola 32 Green Line tour office --15 minutes before departure. situated near the Railaway Station Termini
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Explore town on foot, enjoying the Italian charm and passing by many churches, particularly Orvieto Cathedral, a Gothic structure that dates back to the late 1200s and is noted for its stained glass, sculptures and mosaics.
Back on your coach, continue across the rolling landscapes toward Lake Trasimeno, where you’ll stop for lunch. Then head to Assisi, a World Heritage–listed town famed for being the birthplace of St Francis of Assisi, a patron saint of Italy and one of the most legendary figures in religious history.
Take a walking tour of town to see sites related to St Francis’ life, including the stall where he is thought to have been born, his former home and the place where he vowed to dedicate his life to the church. You’ll also learn about Assisi’s other hometown saint, St Clare, one of St Francis’ followers. Visit both the Convent of Santa Chiara, named for her, and the Basilica di San Francesco, dedicated to St Francis, plus see other Assisi sights like Piazza del Comune, Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo, the town hall and the Roman Temple of Minerva.
Return to your coach to start the drive from Assisi to Rome, stopping on the way in Santa Maria degli Angeli to visit its 9th-century basilica where St Francis is said to have worshipped. Your day trip ends when you arrive back in Rome.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: This is a Multilingual Tour
- A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
- Minimum numbers apply(we require a min. of 6 pax from 1st nov until 31 st march). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Greenline Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms