Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Half-day tour of the Colosseum's mysterious underground chambers
- See where gladiators and wild animals prepared for action
- Take a walk through Roman political intrigue on a tour of the Forum and Palatine Hill
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- NB: You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Infant price applies with the minimum of one adult
- Colosseum and Roman Forum are ancient sites and not wheelchair friendly. The terrain is uneven with stairs and uphill paths.
- Water fountains available on site
- Wear comfortable shoes; bring hat and sunscreen
- For security reasons, all visitors and their luggage shall be screened; all objects (including mobile phones) must be put in the bag/backpack or in the tray for X-ray screening
- Large backpacks, camping bags, bulky bags, and luggage/trolleys are not allowed; medium and small backpacks can be shouldered and must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by security
- Group size limited to 12 people in the Roman Forum/Palatine Hill. 24 people in the Colosseum
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit and offer a partial refund.
- Please note that sprays are not allowed inside the Colosseum.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY RomaExperience Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground.
- "Bring a hat, sunscreen, water, 90 plus degrees at 1pm." See review
- "Tour ran almost an hour long to 4 hrs, and it was not so to crowds, Not advised for kids, teenagers or those looking for the cliff notes." See review
- "This guided tour for 4 hours which also included the Forum, was so well worth the cost!" See review