3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Learn about one of the most dramatic chapters in modern Italian history on a tour of Rome focused on the rise and fall of Mussolini's fascist regime. Trace the political climate that allowed the dictator to come to power in the 1920s, all the way to his downfall during World War II. Go beyond the typical tourist path to see remnants of this controversial period in landmarks like the EUR district and Mussolini’s former headquarters.
- Explore the dark legacy of Fascism on a special Rome history tour
- Learn about Italy during the 1920s and '30s through World War II
- See Mussolini's former headquarters and the obelisk bearing his name
- Great for history buffs and travelers who want to see a side of Rome beyond the ancient sites
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Viale del Foro Italico, 00135 Roma RM, Italy
At the feet of Mussolini Obelisk
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Raphael Tours & Events
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Fascist Rome Guided Tour: The Rise and Fall of Mussolini?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Fascist Rome Guided Tour: The Rise and Fall of Mussolini?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Fascist Rome Guided Tour: The Rise and Fall of Mussolini?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Compare Similar Experiences
Fascist Rome Guided Tour: The Rise and Fall of Mussolini
2 hours 20 minutes
2 hours 5 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Architecture ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursArt ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeArchitecture Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoArt Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoArchitecture Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaArt Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaArchitecture Tours - AssisiWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiArt Tours - AssisiHalf-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Rome Civitavecchia Cruise Port (Civitavecchia Terminal Crociere)House of the Vestal Virgins (Casa delle Vestali)Aventine Hill (Aventino)Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore (Basilica Papale di Santa Maria Maggiore)Trajan's Market (Mercati di Traiano)Piazza Farnese Foro ItalicoMadama Palace (Palazzo Madama)Church of the Gesù (Chiesa del Gesù)Garbatella District (Quartiere Garbatella)Borghese Gallery (Galleria Borghese)Orange Garden (Giardino degli Aranci)Circus of Maxentius (Circo di Massenzio) Basilica di Santa PrassedeGolden House of Nero (Domus Aurea)Ponte SistoEtruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia (Necropoli Etrusche di Cerveteri e Tarquinia) Via GiuliaCastel Sant'Angelo National Museum (Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo)Tiber Island (Isola Tiberina)