Are you interested in?
1072 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
5859 Tours & Activities
St. Peter's Square (Piazza San Pietro) Tours
476 Tours & Activities
7 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Revel in the treasures of Rome and Vatican City on a full-day of exploration led by an expert guide. See remnants of ancient Rome including the legendary Colosseum, the Pantheon, and the sprawling Roman Forum while hearing tales of gladiators and emperors, and admire baroque Italian art at Piazza Navona. In the afternoon make your own way to reconvene with the group to explore holy highlights of Vatican City including the awe-inspiring Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Square. Tour size is limited for a more intimate small-group experience.
- Small-group tour of Roman highlights and Vatican City
- Skip-the-line access to St. Peter’s Basilica
- Great orientation to the city
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This time-saver guided tour includes optional skip-the-line admission to St. Peter's Basilica.
Saved to wishlist!
Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon. The Big 3 Must-Sees in Historic Rome!
Fully guided tour of ancient Rome - all the main archaeological sites
Priority faster than fast-track Colosseum ticket entrance
Comprehensive tour inside the Colosseum which covers ALL the must-see areas
Fully guided skip the line tour of the Vatican Museums and incredible Sistine Chapel!
Skip the line access and tour of St. Peter's Basilica, the most beautiful building ever constructed!
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure Point1: Piazza Navona, 25, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
2: When In Rome Tours, Via Sebastiano Veniero, 19, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Details1: Palatine Hill, 00186 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
2: Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For security reasons, backpacks, rucksacks, large handbags, luggage etc. not permitted inside Colosseum / Roman forum
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- On days immediately surrounding religious holidays at the Vatican, alterations to tours may become necessary due to partial closings of areas normally included in this tour. In the event that the Papal tombs beneath St. Peter's Basilica are closed, the tour of the Basilica itself will be extended and no refunds made
- Maximum 15 travelers on this tour, hand sanitizer made available (we will provide), mandatory mask-wearing on the tour (bring your own)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY When In Rome Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Rome in a Day?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Rome in a Day?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Rome in a Day?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Rome in a Day?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 5831P13
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursArchaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingRomeCity Tours - Lake BraccianoArchaeology Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoFull-day Tours - Lake BraccianoCity Tours - Lake BolsenaArchaeology Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaFull-day Tours - Lake BolsenaCity Tours - AssisiArchaeology Tours - AssisiWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiFull-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Sant'Angelo Bridge (Ponte Sant'Angelo)Palatine Hill (Palatino)Church of Santa Maria della Vittoria (Chiesa di Santa Maria della Vittoria)Tiber River (Fiume Tevere)Rome Leonardo da Vinci Museum (Museo Leonardo da Vinci)Largo di Torre ArgentinaRome Via del CorsoVia Veneto (Via Vittorio Veneto)Basilica di Santa Maria in Via LataSpanish Steps (Piazza di Spagna)Basilica di Sant'Andrea delle FratteCastel GandolfoTrevi Fountain (Fontana di Trevi)Villa FarnesinaLeonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino International Airport (FCO)St. Paul's Within the Walls Church (Chiesa di San Paolo Entro le Mura)Piazza del PopoloCapitoline Hill and Museums (Campidoglio e Musei Capitolini)Trajan's Market (Mercati di Traiano)St. Nicholas Basilica in Carcere (Basilica San Nicola)