- Explore Campo de’ Fiori and the city center with a guide
- Enjoy salami, salted cod, artisan cheese, pizza, and more
- Stop for supper in an atmospheric Trastevere eatery
- Finish with fresh gelato in an authentic gelateria
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Work your way past the lively pavement cafes and buskers, and explore the city center while your guide regales you with stories of Roman history and food. Stop for a classic aperitivo of wine and artisan salami, and learn about the salami’s PGI (protected geographical indication), which is also a hallmark of quality Italian food.
Sample more PGI produce at a historical cheese shop, and pair the cheese with another wine. You’ll also try a signature Rome dish of baccalà fritto, which is a tasty, salted cod. Visit two other eateries to chow down on crispy pizza — ordered by the slice — and sample supplì, the melt-in-the-mouth morsels of fried risotto rice that are typical Roman fare.
After a short walk to work off the food so far, you’ll take a seat in a cozy Trastevere restaurant for a light supper. Tuck into traditional Roman antipasto and two primi (first course) dishes, washed down with two varietals of wine. Finally, you’ll head outside to a gelateria to finish on a high note — with gelato, of course. Your tour ends around 9:30pm, outside the gelateria.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Small group
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nicom Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff