- 3-hour Imperial Rome tour in Italy with an expert guide
- See the Roman Forum from Pizza del Campidoglio on Capitoline Hill
- Visit the Church of St Peter in Chains on this Rome afternoon tour
- Admire the Tomb of Pope Julius II, and see Michelangelo’s legendary Moses sculpture
- Enjoy a skip-the-line Colosseum tour and learn all about the gladiatorial games
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Directions: Meeting point is at Green Line Tours Office, located in via Giovanni Amendola 32 Dates: Daily Return point: Returns to original departure point. It is possible to be dropped off at Via Veneto, Barber Arberini Square, Venezia Square or Repubblica Square; simply ask your guide.
the tour ends at the colosseum area (via dei Fori Imperiali)
What To Expect
Walk up to Capitoline Hill and learn about the space that Michelangelo designed. Take a minute to drink in the views here, as the hill offers stunning views in almost every direction, especially nice sight-lines of the Roman Forum.
After being dazzled by Capitoline Hill, hop back on the bus and cruise the streets of Aventine Hill, one of Rome's famed seven hills, and go by the Circus Maximus, the spot where chariot races were once held. Learn about the history of the venue and how it was big enough to hold a quarter of the city's population.
Next stop: jump up a few centuries and head to the Church of St. Peter in Chains, also known as San Pietro in Vincoli, an ancient church in the Monti neighborhood that was built to house the chains that bound St. Peter in Jerusalem. Most people today visit the church to see Michelangelo's masterpiece sculpture of Moses, which was originally meant to be a huge project: the tomb of Pope Julius II. The project was never completed but Michelangelo did complete the Moses statue and half-completed some sculptures of slaves which are on display in the church as well.
After spending some time marveling at the church interior, head over to the nearby Colosseum where you'll get skip-the-line access. Home to brutal gladiator battles, this structure is one of the most dazzling sites in Rome and from antiquity. Learn from your guide about the history of the building and how so much marble from the Colosseum was stripped to help make St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican.
Exit the Colosseum and then the tour ends in the late afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Greenline Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Wear sneakers, and be prepared for a lot of exercise!" See review