- Visit Domus Aurea with archeologist guides
- Small-group tour of the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Skip the line
- Entrance fees included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Get to the subway station "Colosseo" on the B line. There are two entrances (or exits). The meeting point is at the upper-level entrance, right outside, next to the M sign. From inside the metro station you can take the escalator.
What To Expect
When your Domus Aurea tour concludes, head back above ground to visit the Colosseum and Roman Forum, two of ancient Rome’s most fascinating landmarks. You’ll explore the Colosseum and Roman Forum with a small group that’s limited to 12 people, so you don’t miss a word of the tour. Take in the seats overlooking the ancient arena, walk the Via Sacra that was ancient Rome’s main street, and climb Palatine Hill for views of the surrounding ruins.
This 5-hour tour of ancient Rome concludes at the entrance to the Roman Forum.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- NB: You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also give your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- There will be a 30-minute long break to eat and rest
- It will be possible to stop to use the restroom along the way, as needed
- Dress code is smart casual. Bring a sweater to wear in the underground area as it can get cold
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Strollers are allowed, but not recommended, as stairs are steep and the ground is uneven. Children must be carried by an adult or be able to walk
- It is recommended that you bring a hat and sunscreen: Please note that sprays of any kind are not allowed inside the Colosseum.
- This is an intense 5-hour walking tour as the area to cover is vast. On the way there are vending machines where people can buy drinks and quick snacks to eat while walking
- Food is allowed in the archeological area
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. All objects (including mobile phones) must be put in a bag/backpack or in the tray for X-ray screening
- Large backpacks, camping equipment, bulky bags, luggage and trolleys are not allowed. Medium and small size backpacks must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by security
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration, which depends on the Ministry of Cultural Assets and Activities has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit and offer a partial refund.
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY RomaExperience Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Our tour was yesterday and the weather was terrific, although no matter what the weather is outside, make sure you bring a jacket for the Golden House tour as it is underground and very cold." See review
- "Oft over looked, the underground tour through Nero’s Golden Palace with the oculus rift is a must." See review
- "This tour package is perfect for anybody wanting to see Ancient Rome highlights in one day." See review