- Private tour of the Colosseum and the Roman Forum in Rome
- Avoid the queues with skip-the-line access to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup and entrance fees
- Choice of morning or afternoon tour
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up from hotel if centrally located (within the Aurelian Walls)
What To Expect
Using your skip-the-line tickets, gain priority admission to the grand amphitheater and marvel at the spectacular 60,000-seat arena. As you admire the impressively preserved ruins, listen as your guide brings the Colosseum back to life, telling stories of ancient Roman emperors, gladiator games, and wild beast fights.
Continue to the Roman Forum, the grand centerpiece of ancient Rome, where the remarkably preserved temples, basilicas, and public squares offer a fascinating glimpse into Roman life. While you’re there, hear the story of the Lapis Niger, an ancient Latin text housed in the base of one of the columns in the Forum, and visit the Temple of the Vestal Virgins, once home to the virgin priests of Vesta.
Your tour concludes at the Colosseum.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 18 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with mobility issues or those using a wheelchair
- Be prepared to climb uneven steps and explore an archaeological site - wear good shoes. Anticipate Rome's intense heat in the summer - you may want to bring a small umbrella to block the sun as well as unexpected, sudden rainfall
- Please be aware that to enter the Colosseum it is necessary to pass a metal detector security check
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Eyes of Rome
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Private Colosseum and Roman Forum Tour with Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off.
- "Make sure your accommodations are with in the pick up zone." See review
- "I recommend this tour early in the morning because the crowds were not in the forum and they were just beginning at the colosseum." See review
- "Worth every penny and will only be doing private tours from this point forward." See review