3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Ideal for in-the-know travelers who have already ticked off the Eternal City’s main sights, this out-of-the-box historical tour shows you Rome’s underground attractions—literally. Get far off the beaten track with a visit to a little-known crypt, where you can see rooms made entirely of bones. You’ll also head underneath the iconic Trevi Fountain for a peek at the first Roman aqueduct.
- An out-of-the-box private tour of Rome’s underground sights
- Discover three different levels of San Clemente church, some parts over a thousand years old
- Go way off the behind track with stops at a crypt made of bones and Rome’s first aqueduct
- Earn major bragging rights by taking your travel itinerary to the next level—or rather, below level
Saved to wishlist!
Private licensed guide for 3 hours
Entrance fees to be paid on site
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY VIVICOS INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL SRL
You can cancel up to 4 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour of Underground Rome?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour of Underground Rome
2 hours 50 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiHalf-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Montecitorio Palace (Palazzo Montecitorio)St. Peter's Square (Piazza San Pietro)Turtle Fountain (Fontana delle Tartarughe)Seven Hills of Rome (Sette Colli di Roma)Pietro Canonica Museum (Museo Pietro Canonica)Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere (Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere)Arch of Constantine (Arco di Costantino)Villa FarnesinaVia Cola di RienzoSaint Angelo Bridge Methodist Church (Chiesa Metodista di Ponte Sant'Angelo) St. Nicholas Basilica in Carcere (Basilica San Nicola)Church of the Gesù (Chiesa del Gesù)Via GiuliaPiazzale Giuseppe GaribaldiSanti Cosma e Damiano Church (Chiesa dei Santi Cosma e Damiano)Madama Palace (Palazzo Madama)Church of Saint Louis of the French (Chiesa di San Luigi dei Francesi)Piazza della RepubblicaPiazza di San CosimatoBasilica di Santa Maria in Via Lata