- 4-hour guided Rome walking tour around the fascinating EUR district
- See the large, modernist buildings and Neoclassical architecture that emulate 1930s fascist Rome
- Learn about Mussolini, considered to be the founder of Italian fascism
- See Rome's Square Colosseum and walk down Via dei Fori Imperiali
- Explore Foro Italico, Rome's impressive sports center, and walk through its famous Stadio dei Marmi
Departure & Return
Via Cavour 224, at the bus stop – nearest metro station: Cavour B Line.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you walk along the wide, symmetrical streets, your guide will point out the neoclassical architecture of that era and tell you about how the project was left incomplete when the World’s Fair was canceled after the start of World War II. Listen to stories about Rome in the 1930s and Mussolini’s notorious reign, and see the Square Colosseum (Colosseo Quadrato, known officially as Palazzo della Civilta del Lavoro), the EUR’s most prominent building with its white marble façade and rows of arches.
Outside the EUR, visit Foro Italico, originally known as Foro Mussolini (Mussolini Forum), a sports complex home to Stadio dei Marmi, a track surrounded by 60 marble statues. You’ll also see the Via dei Fori Imperiali, a road commissioned by Mussolini that connects the Rome Colosseum to Piazza Venezia.
Your tour ends after the drive back to central Rome.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Luggage storage NOT available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Nicom Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff