- 1.5-hour guided walking tour of Castel Sant’Angelo in Rome
- Explore the historic castle, including the papal apartments and the tomb of Emperor Hadrian
- Enjoy magnificent views over Rome from the terrace
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Outside the main gate of Castel Sant'Angelo (attention: not inside ticket office) Address: Lungotevere Castello, 50 Directions: Take the bridge of Angels until you reach the gate of the castle Return point: Concludes at the castle
What To Expect
Learn about its fascinating history as a castle, refuge and prison from your guide as you explore the ruins, admire sculptures by Bernini, Raggi and Morelli, and walk in the footsteps of former Popes as you visit the papal apartments. With your convenient skip-the-line tickets, jump the queue and head straight into the star attraction – the grand mausoleum of Emperor Hadrian. Finally, enjoy a spectacular view over Rome from the castle terrace.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The guide speaks fluent English
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes
- Photography is allowed and you can take great panoramic pictures from the terrace of the castle
- Minimum numbers do apply: there is a possibility of cancelation after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet the requirements. In such an event, you will be offered an alternative
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Raphael Tours & Events
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience