- Small-group Italian cooking class in the Roman countryside
- Purchase cooking ingredients and experience local life in the market
- Prepare and enjoy a traditional Italian meal
- Learn how to match each dish to local wines
- Maximum of eight participants ensures a highly personalized experience
Departure & Return
Meeting Point is in Via Ludovisi, 60 (next to the entrance of Ludovisi's parking).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
When you arrive, visit the local market to shop for ingredients for your cooking class. As you browse the food stalls, learn how to spot the freshest vegetables, eggs, spices, and meat. Then head to a fully equipped kitchen, where your chef provides step-by-step instructions for preparing and cooking traditional Italian dishes.
The small-group class ensures you’ll receive personalized attention as you help to make a traditional meal, from appetizer to dessert. Work with three different types of homemade pasta and learn how to pair dishes with the right varietal of wine to bring out the fullest flavors. When the cooking is over, sit down with your group to enjoy your meal with wine.
With a full stomach and newfound skills, your culinary experience ends with the drive back to Rome.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Vegetarian cooking classes can also be catered for, please specify when booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line I Love Rome by Carrani Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience