- Guided walking tour of ancient Roman highlights
- Learn about the empire's complex political system the Roman Forum archaeological site
- See where Rome's most powerful families once lived at Palatine Hill
- Small group ensures personal service
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- NB: You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant price applies with the minimum of one adult
- Colosseum and Roman Forum are ancient sites and not wheelchair friendly. We encourage those with mobility problems to book a private tour, in order to allow the guide to adapt the pace to their specific needs. This tour lasts 3 hours and a fair amount of walking is involved, including some stairs and uphill paths.
- Water fountains available on site
- Strollers are allowed but not recommended, as stairs are steep and the ground is uneven; children must be carried by an adult or be able to walk for most of the tour
- Wear comfortable shoes; bring hat and sunscreen
- There is no scheduled break, but it will be possible to stop for restrooms along the path, as needed
- Food is allowed in the archeological area
- For security reasons, all visitors and their luggage shall be screened; all objects (including mobile phones) must be put in the bag/backpack or in the tray for X-ray screening
- Large backpacks, camping bags, bulky bags, and luggage/trolleys are not allowed; medium and small backpacks can be shouldered and must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by security
- Group size limited to 12 people
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration, which depends on the Ministry of Cultural Assets and Activities has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit and offer a partial refund.
- Please note that sprays are not allowed inside the Colosseum.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY RomaExperience Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group Tour: Colosseum and Ancient Rome Experience.
- "It does involve a lot of walking over uneven ground so would heed the warnings - would highly recommend and fantastic to be in a group of only 6" See review
- "Highly recommended for those interested in the history of Rome." See review
- "If you are looking for a short , 3 hours is plenty on foot , introduction to Ancient Rome, this is for you." See review