- Watch humpback whales at play on a whale-watching cruise from the Gold Coast
- Listen to interesting commentary from a marine naturalist
- Enjoy tea, coffee, and biscuits on board
- Glide past luxurious homes along the Gold Coast canals
- Small group sizes, guaranteed rail side position
- 100% guarantee of whale sightings, or receive a free return cruise
Departure & Return
Check-in time: 30 min prior to the departure times. Cruises depart from the river end of Cavill Avenue, Surfers Paradise, only a short walk from every major Surfers Paradise hotel and the Cavill Avenue Light Rail Station Best parking is at the Bruce Bishop Car Park or the Circle on Cavill.
What To Expect
Cruise along the Spit and into the Australian Whale Sanctuary, a protected piece of the ocean surrounding Australia that’s part of the annual migration of humpback whales, who come to these subtropical waters from May to October to give birth. Keep your eyes peeled for whales, who may show off with jumps and splashes, as well as other marine life such as orcas, loggerhead turtles, dolphins, and seabirds.
Learn about the wildlife and their marine environment from your onboard naturalist guide. Your cruise ends with return to the departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- 100% guarantee of whale sightings or receive a free return cruise
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Whales In Paradise
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms