Explore our promoted experiences
- See a world-class opera performance at the iconic Sydney Opera House
- Select from classic operas, Broadway musicals and more
- Choose from four seating options to suit your budget
- Both matinee and evening performances are available
Departure & Return
Departure PointSydney Opera House, Bennelong Point Easy walk from Circular Quay Train Station, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
What To Expect
Emerging stars join longtime favorites for Opera Australia's seasonal opera performances. Operas are performed in their original languages (mostly Italian), with subtitles in English projected on a screen above the stage.
Bars inside the Sydney Opera House open one hour prior to performance time — arrive early to enjoy a pre-theater drink (own expense) and admire sweeping views of Sydney Harbour and the Harbour Bridge.
See the Itinerary section below for details about the 2022 season.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please ask staff for assistance with receivers which are available from the Concert Hall and Opera Theatre cloak rooms and in the Drama Theatre, Playhouse and The Studio foyers.
- Dogs or any animals trained to assist people with disabilities are welcome inside all theatres and restaurants.
- A number of spaces are available for wheelchairs in each theatre at the Sydney Opera House. Wheelchairs are available from the Stage Door for use by patrons free of charge. Wheelchair access is by ramp from the southern entrance of the Concourse. Undercover wheelchair access is available from Stage Door and the Sydney Opera House Car Park. It is essential that you specify any needs when proceeding with your booking.
- Performances run on specific dates and times. These dates are provided and times will vary depending on the date selected.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- All performances have full English subtitles projected on a screen above the stage. Performances of Great Opera Hits, Carmen, La Traviata will also have Simplified Chinese subtitles.
- Masks required for patrons aged 12 and over inside our foyers and theatres, including during a performance.
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Opera Australia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "The venue is an absolute must just to visit for it’s iconic design, thus making it extra special when performances are on." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews