Explore our promoted experiences
- 6-hour kayaking tour of Yellowstone Lake led by a professional guide
- Sail past geothermic wonders like the West Thumb Geyser Basin and the Potts Geyser Basin
- See a rich variety of wildlife as you paddle alongside the rugged shores and picturesque scenery
- Receive an introduction to paddling techniques and the Yellowstone area from a guide
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on the beach (please advise of dietary requirements)
Departure & Return
Meet at the marina, in Grant Village inside Yellowstone National Park. There is no exact street address in a National Park, so we meet you in Grant Village, at the marina boat ramp, where the kayaks will be spread out on the beach. There are restrooms and parking for all sized vehicles.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All children 12 and under must paddle in a tandem kayak with an adult. If booking with children, you must choose the tandem kayak option. This is the rate per kayak, for 2 people.
- If you wish to have single kayaks (not available for children under 13), the rate is per person.
- Please advise any dietary requirements in the Special Requirements field at checkout. Vegetarian and gluten free lunches are available if you let us know.
- Please come dressed for cold weather, as it is usually colder in Yellowstone than you are expecting. Keep in mind that while kayaking, you will get wet. The weather in Yellowstone can vary greatly, and change quickly. Typically the days are sunny with temps in the upper 60's to low 80's, however it does get cold at night and early morning. Afternoon showers and passing thunderstorms are always possible in the mountains. We plan to go in rain or sunshine. We will provide all the necessary kayaking equipment. You should arrive dressed according to the weather, keeping in mind that while you wont ever be submerged in the water, you will get wet. Therefore dressing in layers is always best, with shorts or wind pants made of synthetic quick drying material, and shoes that you dont mind getting wet. Having a rain or wind jacket, extra layers, and/or a change of warm dry clothes for after the trip ends, is also a good idea. Guide gratuities are always appreciated, but never expected. If you have any questions any time, please dont hesitate to ask.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Geyser Kayak Tours
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff